Breathing Hearts CPR has linked up with Safe Sitter, Inc. to provide safety/childcare training to students primarily in the 6-8th grades who:
1. Are responsible for staying home alone while parents/guardians are away (latchkey child etc. 4th grade and up)
2. Children who are responsible for younger siblings or other children in the absence or presence of adults
3. Youth who desire to be future babysitters for income
If you are interested in investing in the program for your children, youth group, scout troop, mentees, school, religious group, neighborhood etc., email or call us so that we can discuss your options!
We offer 2 options for the class:
1. Safe Sitter® Essentials is a 5 ½-hour curriculum designed for busy schedules. The course is typically taught in 1-day from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. This course includes Safety Skills, ChildCare Skills, First Aid and Rescue Skills (including Care of Choking Infant and Child), and Life and Business Skills. ($65 per student, includes lunch)
2. Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR is a 6 ½-hour curriculum typically taught in 1-day from 9:00a.m. – 3:30 p.m. This course includes all sections in Safe Sitter Essentials with a 1-hour addition to introduce Child and Infant CPR at the end of the class. ($65 per student, includes lunch) *** no additional costs, just additional time
Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses. (CPR included in Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR and Safe Sitter® Expanded.)
Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
All supplies are provided by us so there is no need to purchase anything outside of the per student costs. We require payment received at least 2 weeks in advance of class to ensure all essentials necessary for groups.
Dates & Location:
We plan to offer the class at least once a month at the Richard and Meg Weekley Community Center in Cypress for individual students. However, if you have a group of at least 4 students that are interested in taking the course, we can make mobile arrangements, as long as the environment provided is safe for children.